Thursday 19 February 2009

These Boots are Made for Stomping

I keep a picture folder on my computer where I save all memorable shoes I see each season. So far, I've saved pictures of 97 different shoes. Looks like the footwear this season is right up my alley!

Almost every designer is sending girls out on the runway in sky-high platform stilettoes, which is good news for a short girl like myself.


Top left - Alexander Wang / Top right - BCBG Max Azria
Bottom left - Marc Jacobs / Bottom right - Doo.Ri



Most of the high heels I've seen so far come in familiar shapes. The ones above are the exception. I particularily enjoy the heels of the Wang shoes and the furry wedge from BCBG. The Marc Jacobs puts a smile on my face, and I can easily imagine them on the feet on some fashionista on the Jak & Jil blog.


Hervé Léger this season featured both beautiful clothes and beutiful shoes. They remind me slightly of what Kirkwood did for Rodarte last season, and there's nothing wrong with that.





And finally, my personal favourite so far; Donna Karan. I'm thinking I like it so much because it's a familiar silhouette combined with all my favourite details of the moment; different textures, exotic leather, straps, studs, delicious colours.




Pictures from style and nymag

6 comments:

  1. Var en del som var too much for meg.
    Men jeg likte de sorte glad'sa:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this post. thank you for sharing with all of your fellow shoe fetish bloggers. it amazes me to see all of the different designs a shoe can take on. if only my feet could handle heels so high!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are all so amazing! I absolutly love shoes. :)

    ReplyDelete