Tuesday 10 November 2009

More than Girls in Glasses



Every once in a while I stumble upon the work of a great fashion illustrator, and get seriously inspired. Today I found the Igor + André blog, which is the creative outlet of artist Danny Roberts. I'm certain you've seen the image above many times, as well as the Bloglovin' graphics he's done, but there's much more where that came from.



While Roberts has an education from the SF Academy of Art, he also used to draw "some days for 15 hours straight till my hands were swollen shut." That's dedication. I'd really love to have my own easily recognizeable drawing style, and to be able to translate my thoughts into pieces of art, but I'm just not wired that way. Instead I'll keep admiring those with talent, patience and skills.


1 comment: