Tuesday 3 November 2009

Knock Knock

Don't you just love it when your internet connections curls up in a corner and refuses to cooperate for four consecutive days? Yeah, me neither. In other news, my weekend was great, and the Halloween party turned out as awesome as it could have. Everybody showed up in costume and everybody had a great time. The food, the drinks, the music, the decorations, everything was just right. I might even do something as radical as posting a picture or two of the party, though that would mean putting my face on my blog, which is something I haven't done yet.

Ok, enough small talk. I've seen the following picture circulating the web lately. It's a Jeffrey Campbell shoe, and it's supposed to be a "great knock-off" of the Acne Atacoma shoes. Now, is it only because I own a pair of Atacoma's that I can't for the life of me see what's so great about the JC pair? Sure, the shoe is only an inch or so lower, but I think that inch makes or breaks the silhouette, and makes the JC shoe downright ugly.



And then there's this. A different Jeffrey Campbell shoe, and a different brand that's been knocked off. And in this instance, I don't mind at all. I honestly wouldn't mind wearing this Burberry look-alike, and I'm not sure if that makes me a hypocrite or not. Knock-offs are ok, but only when they look good, and when I don't own the shoe that's been copied?


No comments:

Post a Comment