Monday 14 December 2009

The Invisible Shoe (and a Better Use of Velcro)



Did I ever mention my love for concept footwear? I'm certain I must have.

When I first came across these designs I was reminded of Maison Martin Margiela, particularily when seeing the interesting mixture of leather squares and wooden cubes above. Turns out the designer, Brazilian Andreia Chaves, is indeed influenced by MMM, Y. Yamamoto, Miyake and others. Chaves incorporates chaos and contrasts in her designs, and experiments with different materials and visual effects in her work.



I can't help but imagine what would happen if you stomped around extra violently while wearing this mirrored ankle boot. It is called the Invisible Shoe, and it looks downright pretty as it blends with different surroundings.



Finally, there's the Velcro Shoe. A brilliant design, allowing the wearer to sculpt the sandals different ways around their feet.

See more of Chaves' work here.



Pictures from Yatzer.

1 comment:

  1. that's incredible. they're practically transparent because of all the mirrors. how amazing is that. how contemporary

    ReplyDelete